The China Hollywood Society was founded in 2011 in Los Angeles, California as a gathering point to serve the growing mutual interest in creative and business opportunities between China and Hollywood ('Hollywood' being a term chosen to represent the wider entertainment industry - not a physical geographic location).
The China Hollywood Society aims to create a platform for executives and filmmakers from around the world to learn about and discuss the convergence of China’s burgeoning media landscape, and for Chinese executives to learn about foreign entertainment industry. Our goals are to:
- Provide up-to-date information and resources about key topics including developments in the Chinese film and television industry (across production, co-production, distribution etc), inward investment in China and co-production treaties
- Help filmmakers overcome the challenges in co-production by sharing the experiences of industry veterans
- Supply a database of current information on co-production, resources, regulations, etc.
- Bring people together to develop projects, pursue opportunities and share experiences
- Help bridge the cultural gap through education and opening communication channels
- Promote current and future co-productions and collaborations.
At its core, the China Hollywood Society strives to bring the human faces of this rising industry to light, and increase the accessibility of information on China to create more opportunities for cross-cultural creative and business endeavors.